Monday, July 9, 2007

Overcoming Negativity

Today's suggested links: Eckhart Tolle ... Dr. Rachel Remen ... Dr. Colleen A. Sundermeyer (in particular, her book 'Emotional Weight').

You don't realize how pervasive negativity is until you you embark on changing your life for the better. I'm talking about the negativity within ourselves.

Negativity is literally a quagmire. The inertia is incredible. As soon as you think about doing something positive, or trying something different, another part of you blurts out some negative judgment. You expect the worst. You get stuck in a downward spiral, and no wonder depression ensues. When you're at this point, getting out of bed is a major accomplishment. Believe me, I have been there!

Between 2003 and 2007 I've sailed through some awfully choppy waters. It all began when my really neat job at a non-profit was abruptly terminated (budget issues). Thus began my sailing lessons.

More coming.

No comments: