Friday, July 13, 2007

Loan Originator? - Part Two

So as I sat with the others, internally I was mentally multitasking ... one-half of me listened to the voice-over and the other half explored my emotional state and wondered why the DVD triggered me. In hindsite, it was my artist self sending me a message. Or trying to.

About this same time I was intensely reading Carol Lloyd's book 'Create a Life Worth Living' (amazon page here). I loved the artist interviews the most because they validated my .... uniqueness, shall I say. I am not or have not been the first person to unsuccessfully try and fit into ready-made mode(s).

Right now I'm reading Julia Cameron's 'The Artist's Way' (amazon page here). If you're a closet artist or think you might be one, you should DEFINITELY read this!!

Getting back to the main point of my post today, I guess that point would be to listen to your self. In my case I've had to really struggle with 'shoulds' and 'should-nots.' I've found Iyanla Vanzant to be extremely inspirational also.

Iyanla Vanzant has sold over 8 million copies of her spiritual-based books, has appeared on NBC's 'Starting Over' from 2004-06 and has had her own talk show to name a few illustrious accomplishments. Would you be surprised to know that she actually practiced law for a couple of years?

'Yesterday, I Cried' is her autobiography - I recommend it extremely!! I checked it out from my local library - an audio book - also check out her organization's website. Here's the amazon page.

No comments: