Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We Create our Own Reality

I grabbed my copy of Richard Kiyosaki's book 'Retire Young, Retire Rich'and randomly turned to p. 127.

'The more a person seeks security, the more that person gives up control over their life ... victims tend to want to give control over their lives to someone else in orer to avoid taking risks. Then they get angry when they feel someone abuses the control they granted the abuser in the first place. In other words, victims are often victims of themselves.'

Now do you see why I find his stuff so damn interesting?! Oh he has plenty of critics - John T. Reed is one of 'em.

It reminds me of controversies regarding the veracity of Lynn Andrews' or Carlos Castenada's books. I've come to the conclusion that whether it was Richard stating the above or a pink elephant with green polka-dots stating it, or Brittany Spears, no matter. The point is true.

No comments: